Garbedge Designs

Garbedge Designs

Monday, December 29, 2014

The Dora Shirt



Ahh, this button-down is a favorite baby in my shop. The  beige silk came from B&J Fabric in NYC's garment district. It's one of my favorite places to browse, particularly for denim, but the place is pretty pricey and not for the faint of wallet. I had the buttons covered at a little place on 36th and the floral silk for the collar came from Mood. Sometimes I have meltdowns in mood, due to the overwhelming nature of choice.




I designed her from this little room I was subletting in Prospect Heights last summer. 

That room was my first taste of having a real WINDOW in two years; my first taste of my own room in two years; first taste of privacy and a view and floorspace to cut on.








Damn, was it happy-making.






No comments:

Post a Comment