Garbedge Designs

Garbedge Designs

Monday, August 8, 2016

Artists & Fleas Preparation: Part One of Many

Getting ready for...

The Williamsburg Artists & Fleas Market



I spent the non-procrastinating part of my day sewing two of these zip up hoodies. And now that my eyes grow weary I am back to the procrastination game, though I had plans to sew some orders before bed.


Bed is imminent and Monday is almost over, but with the help of my precious pattern binder I did at least get something done.





The hoodie is made from a heavy gray knit that I've been saving for the right project. I lined the hood with this beautiful calico from the Buttercream collection. I found it at the Jo-Anne's in Portland, and since I am ever the sucker for florals, I bought a few yards in a couple of colors. 



My plan is to make a full size run of these hoodies, with a variety of the floral fabrics lining the hoods. So far I've just used the gray and pink one, and I am 100% into the result. 



I ordered 10 22" zippers from Wawak.
I have plenty of florals, plenty of sweatshirt fleece. 
Nickel rivets.



Ready, set, sew!

Or maybe, ready, set, snooze. 
Until tomorrow at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment