Garbedge Designs

Garbedge Designs

Friday, October 25, 2019

Visits from the ghost of Garbedge Past

Some Favorite Projects From the Past Couple Years

In no particular order, here they come.

1. 

The (Repurposed) Strapless Lolita Dress




This is the second version of this dress that I made after designing it with the help of a vintage slip from the 50s. 

The material I used came from a very old LLBeans night gown.

2.

The (Silk) Strapless Lolita Dress



This was the first version of this dress I made. 
The silk came from Katz Exclusive Fabrics in Borough Park.. 

3.

High Waisted Floral Shorts




Love those matte black tack buttons <3
Back welt pockets.
Wide waistband giving them a higher rise. 

Made from Rag & Bone denim purchased at Mood Fabrics in Manhattan.

4.

Scalloped Tee




I was a little wary of scalloping with a knit fabric, but turns, it's nothing to be afraid of.

5.

Honey Bee Jacket

This might be my favorite creation from the past couple of years. 
It certainly gets a lot of use.



And peek-a-boo! A honey bee bedazzled back!

6.

Pressed Wool Vest

This was a project I did entirely with old hoarded fabrics I've been needing to get rid of (by using) for a long time. 


This too gets a lot of wear.


7.

Bikini

I believe I found the material for this at Stretch House in NYC's garment district.
It turns an even prettier color when wet!


Just look at how much I loved this beauty.


8.
Denim Vest



This is the same denim vest I've been selling for years, but this one in particular stood out to me as having expert craftsmanship. 





9.

Gathered Jacket

This is a newly minted jacket and I love it so. Made from a beautiful gray silk and lined with Carhartt quilted lining. 



10.

Owl Undies


Let's get a closer look.



'Nuff said.



No comments:

Post a Comment